Phragmipedium reticulatum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brabantia

Reaction score
lhqj.jpg

First flowering for my Phragmipedium reticulatum. Flower span: 15 cm (near 6")plant span: 55 cm (near 22").

Last edited:
Very nice longifolium, reticulatum is a var. of boiserianum. This is definitely a longifolium. Very nice colored on at that.

Very-very nice!!!! Congrats on blooming! I wuold have a question: you wrote that ls is about 55 cm. I have an album form with 60 cm ls, so is it FS size??? And how many leaves has your plant?

Very-very nice!!!! Congrats on blooming! I wuold have a question: you wrote that ls is about 55 cm. I have an album form with 60 cm ls, so is it FS size??? And how many leaves has your plant?
My answer is in the Phragmipedium longifolium thread.

Definitely not a Phrag. reticulatum. I just checked the OrchidWiz database for the list of variations that have been used for longifolium, and it did not mention that a reticulatum variation was ever used. Still a very nice longifolium and good red petals!

Last edited:
Definitely not a Phrag. reticulatum. I just checked the OrchidWiz database for the list of variations that have been used for longifolium, and it did not mention that a reticulatum variation was ever used. Still a very nice longifolium and good red petals!

Yes reticulatum is a boissierianum variety or synonym (as per Checklist by Olaf Gruss), and what Cheyenne says.

There is no hair on the staminode of boissierianum and the petals have intense ruffles on the upper and lower edges.

Latest posts

Back