Phragmipedium non identified

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brabantia

Reaction score
Phrag_x_03_resiz.jpg

Phrag_x_04_resiz.jpg

Here is 2 pictures showing my unidentified Phragmipedium ... it was sold to me as being a Phrag schroederae! (definitively it is not at all that of course).
I think of an hybrid between Phrag wallisii and Phrag longifolium a possibility however the dots poverty on the pouch makes me puzzled.
This plant is cultivated in a 4" pot and is smaller than my Phrag caudatum.
I am not sure that the long lateral petals are at there maximum length.
What name do you propose for it? Many thanks in advance.

Very graceful. I like that a lot.
Something like Louis Gaucher (lindenii x sargentianum) maybe? Or just a light coloured Grande.

I'm thinking it might be Paul Eugene Conroy (wallisii x longifolium)
A Paul Eugene Conroy nearly without dots? hum ...
But of course I agree it is the most plausible identification. On point of vue marking on the pouch it is very different of the other plant I have and it is smaller.

And thank you all for your identification suggestions. Nevertheless a PEC a little bit special no?

I don't think its a Paul Eugene Conroy, rather lindleyanum x something.. Gargoyle?? I would need to look further and all these green Phrags are hurting my eyes! :p

Looks to me like there is wallissi/pearcii and richteri in this one although I would have thought that the pouch would have been a little broader using these.

Ed

Latest posts

Back