Phragmipedium Noirmont - Watercolour painting

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate Boyce-Miles

Reaction score
I have recently finished a watercolour (painted from life) of my Phragmipedium Noirmont (Memoria Dick Clements x longifolium) in bloom. The painting also shows its' developing seed pod. The Phrag. is happy that it has completed it's modelling session and is back in my grow-house. ☺
PhragNoirrmontWatercolourUploadSize.jpg

I have also included some thumbnails to other examples of my work:
MeconopsisDalemain2021UploadSize.jpg Meconopsis 'Dalemain.'I acquired the plant from MacPlants, labelled as Dalemain; however members of 'The Meconopsis Group' consider it more likely to be 'Ascreavie.'
PaphToniSempleAlbumWatercolourNew.jpg Paphiopedilum Tony Semple Album.
PaphHybridSaintSwithinXadductum.jpg Paphiopedilum hybrid no id (looks like Saint Swithin x adductum).
OdontocidiumHansueliIsler.jpeg Odontocidium Hansueli Isler.
CoelogyneOchraceaVar.AlbaBurnhamAMRHS.jpg Coelogyne ochracea var. album 'Burnham' AM/RHS

More of my work can be seen on my Facebook page, Instagram and Twitter:
https://www.facebook.com/KBoyceMileshttps://www.instagram.com/kateboycemiles.fineart/https://twitter.com/Mararda10?lang=en-gb

I humbly show you some of my orchid works, a few different paphiopedilum species, all watercolors😇

Attachments

• Dsc00002.jpg
    Dsc00002.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Dsc00010 (2).jpg
    Dsc00010 (2).jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Dsc00016.jpg
    Dsc00016.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Dsc00023 (2).jpg
    Dsc00023 (2).jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Dsc00035 (2).jpg
    Dsc00035 (2).jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Paph. sanderianum.jpg
    Paph. sanderianum.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 18
  • rothschildianum.jpg
    rothschildianum.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 16
@ Kate & Hamilton
I enjoyed it very much to see your excellent watercolour paintings. Great Show ! 👌

@ Kate
I also had a look on your facebook link and was mesmerized by that tiger portrait. May I ask you how many hours it takes to paint such an almost photo like portrait?

Last edited:
Absolutely wonderful! Will you do a book? Commissions?
Thank you for the compliment, I definitely will take commissions. I also try to do prints of certain pieces that people might be interested in. I would love to try and write a publishable book, preferably it would be something fun to write and be of interesting reading.

Last edited:
@ Kate & Hamilton
I enjoyed it very much to see your excellent watercolour paintings. Great Show ! 👌

@ Kate
I also had a look on your facebook link and was mesmerized by that tiger portrait. May I ask you how many hours it takes to paint such an almost photo like portrait?
Thank you very much for your kind words. :) The tiger is 'Lucu' and that is my favourite painting I have ever done. I took my own photos and studied him since he was a cub until he was four years old (he was born at Paignton, now at Edinburgh Zoo). This painting of him is when he was two years old, it took about 95 hours to complete (approximately). I would really love to visit him at Edinburgh at some point. He is a Sumatran tiger.

........The tiger is 'Lucu' and that is my favourite painting I have ever done.............This painting of him is when he was two years old, it took about 95 hours to complete (approximately). I would really love to visit him at Edinburgh at some point. He is a Sumatran tiger.
This painting has hooked me too on the first glance. 95 hours, this is much ..... but on the other hand I expected such a number due to the almost photorealistic style of the painting.

@ Kate og Hamilton
Jeg nød det meget at se dine fremragende akvarelmalerier. Fantastisk show!👌

@ Kate
Jeg kiggede også på dit facebooklink og blev fascineret af det tigerportræt. Må jeg spørge dig, hvor mange timer det tager at male sådan et næsten billede som portræt?
[/CITERE]
Hej Kate
,Et tiger portræt vil vel tage omkring en uge, måske med konstant koncentreret arbejde på det...
,le Hamilton

Back