Phragmipedium Millbrook

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxC

Reaction score
Day 3 of bloom open. Reminds me a bit of Rocquier. Purchased in spike, so not a ton of work on my part aside from keeping it alive, but first bloom was banged up in shipping. Have not seen a lot of pictures of Millbrook so I figured I would share. Oh and from Quintal Farms.

Attachments

• 20200320_110435.jpg
    20200320_110435.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200320_110428.jpg
    20200320_110428.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 20200320_110419.jpg
    20200320_110419.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 65
The particular parents will probably make a big difference in the size, shape, and color of this cross. I have a plant from an Orchids Limited making of Millbrook done with besseae 'Raging Red' x Nicholle Tower 'Tower of Red' that is really trying to get to very red for this cross. Of course, there is nothing wrong with orange!

The particular parents will probably make a big difference in the size, shape, and color of this cross. I have a plant from an Orchids Limited making of Millbrook done with besseae 'Raging Red' x Nicholle Tower 'Tower of Red' that is really trying to get to very red for this cross. Of course, there is nothing wrong with orange!

Their Millbrook should be killer, I am probably going to regret not getting one. I opted for a La Vingtaine 3N instead. I think they are going to start blooming in the fall, no?

Day 3 of bloom open. Reminds me a bit of Rocquier. Purchased in spike, so not a ton of work on my part aside from keeping it alive, but first bloom was banged up in shipping. Have not seen a lot of pictures of Millbrook so I figured I would share. Oh and from Quintal Farms.

Beautiful bloom. I just purchased one from Orchids Limited and am a little intimidated, to be honest. Can you tell me a bit about how you culture yours?

This is what I have currently for my Millbrook. East facing exposure that's in 70s during day and 60s at night, relative humidity 50-90% depending on weather. Non-foliar watering every other day with distilled or R/O water with K-Lite at 25ppm and Green Jungle 1 tablespoon per gallon at every watering, bi-weekly KelpMax 1 tablespoon per gallon. Flush monthly with distilled or R/O. This one is still in old media and will get repotted to grodan grow cubes next week or so. I think your plant may have come in a mix of grodan grow cubes and perlite.

There's a lot of good options for culture that best fit your conditions and the amount of extra time you have to focus on your phrags. Key points being good water (virtually impossible to over water so long as you have good drainage), a little Cal/Mag, intermediate temps and not too much light. Hardest part is making room for more phrags.

Here's an "update" picture from about the same angle and latest bloom.

Attachments

• 20200706_090913.jpg
    20200706_090913.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200706_090949.jpg
    20200706_090949.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back