phragmipedium manzurii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great display of rare specie. I wonder about its habitat and and fenotypical uniformity. It looks like a pale form of schlimii.

Oh totally cool!
I've seen a few of these posted lately. Def a new one for me :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

It does but the staminode looks totally off for schlimii

I don't think it is that different. I think variety or sub species.

In my opinion, more closely related then dalessandroi and besseae.

The leafs are a bit different.

Kyle

I would like to see a pic of the foliage. I am leaning towards different species than schlimii. The staminode does look like a different shape and being a solid yellow color. I think the plant habit would be valuable information to determine the difference because the form of the phrags in this family are so similar. Also I wonder if the flower is the same size as schlimii. It is still to early to tell. I love it though! I hope they put in some type of program like kovachii to get legal ones distributed so it is not collected out.

Dear Kyle,
the description shows the differences to schlimii. Let us wait. When we had the possibility to analyze more plants then we can explain the differences more clearly.
But there is another problem, becaus there exist also some natural hybrids with and also with schlimii. Also here a detailed analyze would be necessary.
Best greetings

Olaf

Latest posts

Back