Phragmipedium Lucille Faust

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrag-Plus

Reaction score
Here is one of my first cross = Sorcerer's Apprentice x Sedenii
Again I would like to show the variability you can get in the same seedpod;

LucilleFaust3.jpg

LucilleFaust4.jpg

LucilleFaust2.jpg

Very nice! Thanks for posting multiples of the same cross to see the variety. I like #2.
What clones did you use for this cross? The list I got from you says you used Sedenii Leuchorodum - what is this, and is that what you used here?

Very nice! Thanks for posting multiples of the same cross to see the variety. I like #2.
What clones did you use for this cross? The list I got from you says you used Sedenii Leuchorodum - what is this, and is that what you used here?

Hi Kevin, this is the one I have made with my Sorcerer’s Apprentice ‘Green Fellow' x Sedenii Leuchorodum, I’ve got that plant from an old collection and never change the tag... Is it a real Leuchorodum or not? I don’t like to change tag names especially with those old crosses, you never know what they really are and can't be sure. I've seen too much confusion and mislabeling one.... What I’m certain of, it is a Sedenii with whitish coloration.

Leuchorodum was registered by Veitch in 1881 using harwegii x schlimii, depending on the taxonomist and decade (grouper or lumper) hartwegii was considered as a longifolium variety, now they consider hartwegii as a separate species and use just Leuchorodum for the cross...? Is it or not?
Just to add more confusion in the Phrags world...

Back