Phragmipedium Lovely Lynne

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This bloom just opened overnight and will take another two days to expand and mature, but I am very pleased with it and wanted to share.
It‘s a seedling from Elite orchids flowering for the first time and bought in autumn 2017.
The cross is Peruflora’s Cirila Alca x Fritz Schomburg and I think they came from Manolo Arias originally.
Several other from this grex have been posted recently and they are much more plum coloured than this one. Most of those were from Mike Tibbs at the exotic plant company in Holland. They are still available. Sadly for us in the UK, this is no longer the case.
I do not know whether Mike’s plants were from his own crossing or from the same source as this one. I would like to find out.
Whatever, it is an outstanding grex which consistently produced excellent and non reflexing blooms.
The plants are very vigorous and on their third bloomings should be outstanding. I have a second plant in bud which should bloom in a month.
7C1859E6-171F-4DEB-B4CD-92A51D8BB51B.jpeg

5DB23761-6260-4005-A4C7-5278ABE756AB.jpeg
David

Thanks everyone!
I am surprised that this cross has not been available commercially until very recently. It seems to be an obvious one to make. Maybe special polyploid parents were needed for a successful cross,
David

Today’s photos. Overnight the flower has increased in width by 10% from 10cm to 11 cm and looks more balanced. There maybe another half cm to come yet.
Angela, I am lucky that living in the UK we can hold the temperatures that kovachii and it’s crosses enjoy.
For half of the year the kitchen where they grow has a minimum of 14-15c and a maximum of 17-18c. In summer the temperature can go up to 30c but only very rarely. Most of the time it peaks in the mid twenties. Plus we have decent humidity indoors. It rarely drops below 50% and most of the time is between 60 and 70%. This is without any special treatment.
So there is very little stress on these plants. Decent temperatures and humidity year round.
2C1B1C55-5704-4938-B65D-1B742049C31F.jpeg

8B6FFF1A-3CDB-42E0-99A3-C49BFC9C5F8E.jpeg
David

David, I think the size and configuration are what you would hope for. I will be interested in the color diversity in your many plants. Your picture color looks close to my 3N Fritz Schomburg. Maybe you will get a lucky gene alignment and get more toward red.

Latest posts

Back