Phragmipedium longifolium album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
A beauty.

Are those snow shoes for the longifolium if he misbehaves (in the background)?

dodidoki

Reaction score
Very nice!I remember it was excessively expensive few years ago.Fortunately It is available nowadays for reasonable price.

lanthier

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
A beauty.

Are those snow shoes for the longifolium if he misbehaves (in the background)?
Surely ypu can differentiate a hockey stick from snow shoes.... You're Canadian Doc!

lanthier

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Nice. Now that so many of them are around I might pull the trigger and get one. Thanks for sharing.
It's quite pleasing and seems an easy grower... This one has super delicate petals and lots of twist....

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Surely ypu can differentiate a hockey stick from snow shoes.... You're Canadian Doc!
I see the hockey stick lol. But I was referring to the two objects above it. But on closer inspection, are they gnomes?

lanthier

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I see the hockey stick lol. But I was referring to the two objects above it. But on closer inspection, are they gnomes?
Ah yes a collection of baseball and hockey bobbleheads/gnomes and other junk... No snowshoes. No SNOW! My brother and his wife live near Barrie and love to snowshoe FWIW....

abax

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I love longifoliums and have several. The longifolium album 'Super Charlie' is still blooming and has had 17
flowers on one spike. I finally had to repot into a 12" pot with a bloom still on it and it didn't even lose
the flower. Damn fine plant!

kitfox

Reaction score
How big is the plant itself? Pretty big, I expect!

My ‘Leslie Garay’ with an album parent is just about to open its first bloom. I almost hope I dislIke it; the plant is just so big. Three growths, and the blooming growth has a leaf span of just shy of 3 feet. It is taking up a sizable percentage of my house! 😂

lanthier

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
This is much more diminutive! Almost like a gracile (not really!), rather than a regular longifolium. And I do not mind the smaller size at all! Photo makes it look large, it is about 22 inch leaf span. My gracile is under 20 inches.

Attachments

Last edited: