Phragmipedium lindenii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicely done, Darlene! That's a healthy looking plant. Miss seeing you guys since the MOS Palm Sunday show was cancelled this year. Hoping to see you at the 2021 Chicagoland Orchidfest at Hausermann's this coming September; we'll be one of the guest growers there.

Do they normally bloom without the pouch??
Yes, this species blooms without a pouch. Thats part of its charm;)

What are your cultural conditions for this. Supposedly you need to grow this a little drier, like a catt?

I grow this similar to my other long petal phrags. So they are allowed to approach dryness in the cooler months but rarely dry completely. During the summer I water these like my paphs - keeping them consistently moist, but never wet. They receive fairly bright light which is pretty close to what my cattleya receive.

Nicely done, Darlene! That's a healthy looking plant. Miss seeing you guys since the MOS Palm Sunday show was cancelled this year. Hoping to see you at the 2021 Chicagoland Orchidfest at Hausermann's this coming September; we'll be one of the guest growers there.
I hope so too. It will be great to see some familiar faces!

Latest posts

Back