Phragmipedium Laurie-Lei Quintal

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Quintal's are not the problem. I have ordered much from them and they are on top of things. Can't say the same for SO.

Hopefully this pic attaches...
This is not the best picture but this is labelled as LLQ from about two years ago.

Cheers
JAB

Attachments

• IMG_0945 (1).JPG
    IMG_0945 (1).JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 19
Hopefully this pic attaches...
This is not the best picture but this is labelled as LLQ from about two years ago.

Cheers
JAB

Cool, thanks. Yeah, that's quite different from my plant, to say the least. I like it though. Are you saying you have doubts about the ID of your plant?

I have started getting rid of everything I bought from SO for the most part because ID issues have arose for me and is a common issue with others I have run across. Should have been a sign when no one from the local orchid society buys plants there! But early in my orchid career I gave SO TOO much money LOL.

I am not confident enough in my Phrag ID to say that mine is a LLQ for sure. I was hoping someone could correct/validate.

Cheers
JAB

I have two phrag Jersey from QF,
-QF8110 dalessandroi 'Karcorn' x besseae flavum blooms Dark red orange
-QF1573 dalessandroi 'Star' x besseae flavum' blooms light yellow orange.
I just check the photos and the QF8110 looks exactly like yours

Too bad my photos are around 800 KB each , too big so I could not post them and I don't have a mean to reduce their sizes otherwise you could see how much the flowers look like they came out from the same batch with same parents

Thanks all. I've added an updated label to the plant indicating that it is a NOID similar to Jersey.

For now I'm taking a wait and see approach to the plant. I'm going to enjoy this spike, and see if the newest growth blooms any time soon, then I'll make my decision about what I want to do with it. I may decide to donate it to the ST auction, and if I do, Eric, there's a good chance you'll get it for way less than $40.

Hien, I'd love to see the photos. You can try something like I use for hosting -- http://imgur.com/upload, it even provides the BB Code (under share links) after you upload. The only thing I normally do is change the BB Code url by adding the lower case l just before the .jpeg, which tells Imgur to use a resized (l stands for large thumbnail) version of my images.

That file size is fine IF you use an imaging upload site - try postimage.org.
I forgot to ask before trying the imaging upload site.
-is it free to do the upload ? I did not see the site asking for any fee.
-do copies of the photos reside at that host website now? or do they still link to my computer after the upload from my photo library?
-do you see both photos? one shows a picture while the other shows a quote that you have to click on it to see the photo.

Slippertalk doesn't have a lot of bandwidth - that's why it is suggested to use an image-hosting site and link to it. If you like to an image hosting site, your photo resides at that site, though it still resides on your computer.

Your first photo is a link. When one clicks on the link, it takes you to the site where the photo resides.

The second photo appears here because of the type of link you used. If you took away the photo from the image hosting site, it would disappear from here, also.

Latest posts

Back