Phragmipedium kovachii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That flower is such a glorious sight. The color is perfection.
Ms. Gripette is a Welsh Terrier maybe? Is she smarter than her humans? I love the good square muzzle and the
intent look in her sweet eyes. Give her a good hug for me!
My dogs are looking over my shoulder and sniffing and
would greet her, but they think the time change is crap and it's time for lunch.

That flower is such a glorious sight. The color is perfection.
Ms. Gripette is a Welsh Terrier maybe? Is she smarter than her humans? I love the good square muzzle and the
intent look in her sweet eyes. Give her a good hug for me!
My dogs are looking over my shoulder and sniffing and
would greet her, but they think the time change is crap and it's time for lunch.

You are right she is a welsh terrier, smart and very friendly dog!...

Where is PK from? Usual culture with your other phrags?

I got flasks from Peruflora in 1996.
Yes! Usual culture… But I notice better growth during the winter time and regression when the temperature was getting higher during the summer time. When I realized I started putting their trays on the greenhouse floor during the summer time, cool and wet concrete keep the pots and roots cool and they like that. And no more problems since!

Beautiful! Does it take 10 years? I am discouraged for my seedling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Beautiful!

Beaty! Does it take 10 years? I am discouraged for my seedling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it does not take ten years. I purchased a seedling with a 4 inch leaf span. It bloomed 18 months later. I may have gotten very good grower for my one an only kovachii seedling tset plant.

Mine is a division but really slow in summertime , now that it is cooler there is some more movement, i also added a tiny bit of live sphagnum to the base and roots are starting to kick in overdrive

Back