Phragmipedium kovachii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm curious, was this a 'Maximus' x 'Goliath' sib? So far, that cross has given me the best shape overall, and yours is showing much better than average shape. I'd say that's a winner! Congrats!

So I'm curious, was this a 'Maximus' x 'Goliath' sib? So far, that cross has given me the best shape overall, and yours is showing much better than average shape. I'd say that's a winner! Congrats!

Thank you. This one is 'Laura' x 'Ana'.

Andean Fire is not a kovachii hybrid. Were you talking about Andean Tears?

I do not think it was meant to be a Pk hybrid... Kyushu only mentioned he has only tried to grow a Phrag (which by chance was Andean Fire!) and killed pretty quick...

Duration of the flower

As of today, 04-15-2012, the flower has faded and fallen off the plant. I would estimate that the flower was in good condition for about 2 weeks. I don't know if this is typical or short because of my warm indoor environment rather than a cool greenhouse.

JPMC, This was a very beautiful blooming of kovachii. You've grown the plant to perfection as well. Congratulations! I only hope that I can do as well with my plants one day!

right
i guess when i heard it i thought the person was inferring the shorter side of Phrag flower life
but i only may have heard it
i don't really know..........

Latest posts

Back