Phragmipedium kovachii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phragmatic

Blooming size
Reaction score
Here is photos of two of my Phragmipedium kovachii. Both are self of the clone 'tupac Amaru' from Peruflora.

The whole plant for Eric! The second kovachii to bloom
DSCN2965.jpg
38cm leafspan and a 18cm tall flowering stem

A close-up of the same flower the 2nd day it opened
DSCN4326.jpg
flower size 12.5cm wide X 10cm the day the photo was taken.

the same flower, a week old (overexposed like others in this thread, i know, i need a new camera.. sorry Dot!!)
DSCN2966.jpg
The size is almost the same as the first kovachii.

the first kovachii to bloom, a week old, grown in warmer conditions
DSCN4340.jpg
flower size 15.25cm wide X 12.25cm

First, bravo for getting kovachii to bloom!!!! For how long do you have the plants?

the second pic shows the petals at their best!!!!

Jean

I would go further than JeanLux. Congrats for growing it up to flowering size, and then for flowering it. :)

Hmmm, my first 1st post dissappeared! Still some gremlins in the system. :eek:
THanks for sharing and great job getting them to blooming size.

Wowwwwwww!!!! That's good work, from flask to flowering! It's probably been asked many a time: do these flowers smell at all?

Here is photos of two of my Phragmipedium kovachii. Both are self of the clone 'tupac Amaru' from Peruflora.

Can we have a look into the shoe from above please to see if there are yellow margins at the inner lip?

Most of you probably don't know but Denis is responsible for the Orchid collection at the Montreal Botanical Garden. And so far as I can tell, he's doing a good job. He also has his own orchid collection. Kudos Denis. I hope the kovachii I bought from you will do as well as yours. :clap::clap::clap:

Back