Phragmipedium kovachii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

Today I had the possibility to make some pictures of Phragmipedium kovachii.
The plant came with official papers to North-Germany.

Phragmipediumkovachii2009-11-22Pfla.jpg

Phragmipediumkovachii2009-11-22Blte.jpg

Phragmipediumkovachii2009-11-22B-1.jpg

Phragmipediumkovachii2009-11-22Stam.jpg

Phragmipediumkovachii2009-11-22S-1.jpg

Really a very dark colour and a big flower.

With best greetings

Olaf

Very nice one. That's a plant from Arias if I do not mistake - and I know I don't-, and just prove that I was right about him. First the flasks, then he could get the export papers, and sell his stock of precultivated plants for cheap price. Maximum profit.

Hello Olaf,

Great plant and flower. What are you growing your plant in? I have a tiny seedling and am desperate to give it the best chance of becoming as lovely as your plant.

thanks

That plant is not from flask...

Very nice one. That's a plant from Arias if I do not mistake - and I know I don't-, and just prove that I was right about him. First the flasks, then he could get the export papers, and sell his stock of precultivated plants for cheap price. Maximum profit.

what do you call cheap in this context? What is this blooming plant worth? Does precultivated mean collected and precultivated? Jean

what do you call cheap in this context? What is this blooming plant worth?

Arias is selling 50-100 us/plant wholesale depending on the quantity.

Does precultivated mean collected and precultivated? Jean

Definitely yes. I know it... I don't care to say it publicly, because the importer cannot have any problem with those plants, there is no expert skilled enough to make an official report about that. But they are not at all artificially propagated. That was my point about Arias some months and years ago. He collected many plants, cultivated them to sell them when the time would have been ready - that's now - and made a small fortune with the flasks. Now he is doing another fair amount of money with the collected and cultivated plants. Double profit. And frankly, at 1040US/flask in the early days, if you think carefully, 50US for a blooming size plant wholesale, bigger than any plant from flask, from the same supplier who sold the flasks... How people feel about that? A bit cheated...

Basically the honest people who bought the flasks to raise kovachii to blooming size from seed are screwed up like hell, it was better to wait for Arias to release the wild plants - even if that one does not seem to have spent too long in a nursery actually -. 50Us/blooming size multigrowth. From flask, about 50-100USD/ blooming size plant, if the grower was good to start with and bought the commercial flask... Many seedlings are slow growing and will not reach blooming size, or in a loooong time.

WOW !!

I can't wait to see mines blooming ... from Arias flasks lol

Latest posts

Back