Phragmipedium Kovachii is open!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is fantastic. Congrats.. especially on a new to you plant from 2019. Can you tell us a bit about your growing conditions and what you use as a pot, media, water, fert, temp... lights 😁 Sorry, very curious about conditions for kovachii. Also, would love to learn where you sourced the plant. One of the originals. Don’t see these often.
Thank you! I have researched on the internet to learn how to grow Kovachii. It all comes down to.... First, I water it with rain water I collected with weekly weakly K-Lite. It loves to stay wet! Second, temperature never goes over 75 F. It hates to get hot! It will turn yellow if it gets too hot for it. It loves bright light (no direct sun). Night temp down to 55 F to initiate the spike. It's pretty much it.

I purchased this division from the owner of the awarded plant. I took me about a year to finally have it available. It is very rare! I am very happy to add it to my orchid collection!

I have a couple Kovachii that should be showing buds soon, just in case you have any extra pollen to share...

Latest posts

Back