Phragmipedium Kovachii is open!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG, stunning!!! Love it. Indeed a treasure to behold. Congrats!

Is this a division of the awarded plant? Do you plan to self it?
Thank you! :) It is an one fan division of the awarded orchid I purchased back in Nov 2019. It produced a new growth where it flowered. I definitely check out on how to self the orchid. Any advice?

Thank you! :) It is an one fan division of the awarded orchid I purchased back in Nov 2019. It produced a new growth where it flowered. I definitely check out on how to self the orchid. Any advice?
Kovachii have huge sticky pollinia, it shouldn't be a problem at all to self pollinate it. For slippers, I usually tear the pouch off before I pollinate just to give my old hands and eyes more room to work.

Save one of the pollinia for something else, you only need one to self it. Or maybe even a half of one. If you don't have something else you want to make a cross with... well, I have a few things in mind. :)

This is fantastic. Congrats.. especially on a new to you plant from 2019. Can you tell us a bit about your growing conditions and what you use as a pot, media, water, fert, temp... lights 😁 Sorry, very curious about conditions for kovachii. Also, would love to learn where you sourced the plant. One of the originals. Don’t see these often.

Latest posts

Back