Phragmipedium kovachii 'Franz'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very nice Phragmipedium kovachii 'Franz' . I would say Phragmipedium kovachii 'Franz' var. staminodium carinatum

There are no plants from wild "colonies" being harvested and sold with legal CITES documents.

There are many recently, but the CITES documents just say 'artificially propagated', end of the story. It is funny to note that the nurseries offering those in Peru are the same that first sold the plants before they were legally described, then screwed a lot of honest people ( like Orchids Limited in fact...) by selling flasks a premium on supposedly 'conservation' purposes, then resumed as soon as possible the export of wild plants, with Artificially propagated CITES...

We wonder how important is Kovach in that whole story, considering that maybe he smuggled a few plants only, went to the court, where the others just screamed, were involved in a very strange story with Isaias Rolando's death as a culminating point, made few hundreds thousands USD out of flasks ( I can do the calculations again for anyone interested, but that's the correct figure...), then sold wild kovachii for down to 50USD/plant over the last few years.

Why do I say that people like Orchids Limited have been cheated ? Because they did everything in a fair and honest way, bought flasks, raised them, etc... where their market has been jumbled by wild plants sold by the same people who sold those horribly expensive flasks a couple years ago.

There are many recently, but the CITES documents just say 'artificially propagated', end of the story.

Sure there will be, or are illegal shipments but I just wanted to point out that when you said "colonies are being harvested with CITES" that people don't think that Peru has authorized the collection of wild plants.

When this exporter is finally caught it will cast a huge shadow on all of his exports and any plants people have with the false CITES will become contraband (at least in the USA, maybe not so in Germany).
Just because the plants come in with false CITES and the inspectors don't stop them does not mean they don't know about it. They can come at anytime later to confiscate plants and arrest the smugglers.

Sorry dont undertand tis at all.

I imported 2 times plant out of canada to germany.
And always I get a Cites document which is a copy of the one from Canada and then I get another one from the german customers to prove they have accepted them, and the cites only showed the pure kinds which was imported and the natural Hybrtids. The 2 crosses which are not found naturally they did not mention on it. So is this one now illegal because it has a sign on it or not.

Everything is OK. Don't worry, be happy! :pity:

Sorry dont undertand tis at all.

I imported 2 times plant out of canada to germany.
And always I get a Cites document which is a copy of the one from Canada and then I get another one from the german customers to prove they have accepted them, and the cites only showed the pure kinds which was imported and the natural Hybrtids. The 2 crosses which are not found naturally they did not mention on it. So is this one now illegal because it has a sign on it or not.

Since you say you receive a "copy" of the CITES from Canada that conforms with what I am saying. And you receive that copy from the German authority so all is legal.

What I was trying to tell people is to be cautious when they are offered plants to purchase and the seller shows them original CITES documents and not copies.

Latest posts

Back