Phragmipedium humboldtii x wallisii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incredible petals and I love that dorsal. It also looks exceptionally well grown, congrats! Any tips? I find these types of species and hybrids hit or miss. Some are easy as any other Phrag to grow and bloom, some are finicky and troublesome as can be.

Thanks all. I grow these under bright light. In the winter, under LEDs next to my spotted Cattleyas. All of my Phrags grow in water trays while indoors. The long petal ones are only in enough water that it is gone in 1-2 days. I only water these once a week in the winter. In the summer I water twice, maybe three times while they are outside. I remove the water trays from the long petal types in the summer. We get too much rain in the beginning of summer.

BTW I did not detect a smell but I will try again tomorrow.

Gorgeous! Well grown. I love the long petal Phrags. They always look so graceful. They like to be a little dryer than the short petals and kovachii.

Thanks all. I grow these under bright light. In the winter, under LEDs next to my spotted Cattleyas. All of my Phrags grow in water trays while indoors. The long petal ones are only in enough water that it is gone in 1-2 days. I only water these once a week in the winter. In the summer I water twice, maybe three times while they are outside. I remove the water trays from the long petal types in the summer. We get too much rain in the beginning of summer.

BTW I did not detect a smell but I will try again tomorrow.

What substrate do you use?

It is mostly small and medium bark with perlite, charcoal, and promix (10%). I started add oyster shell to all my slippers at the end of last year.
Thanks for your answer. I normally use a mixture of bark, perlite, charcoal and pumice. What is pro mix and what is it good for?

Thanks for your answer. I normally use a mixture of bark, perlite, charcoal and pumice. What is pro mix and what is it good for?
Pro mix mainly peat n perlite.
I experiment using 100% n leslie garay seems to do well, massive plant!

Latest posts

Back