Phragmipedium humboldtii var. exstaminodium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just put of curiosity, does it have Warzseviczianum in the background?
You certainely mean warczewiczianum/ warzcewiczii/ popowii/ humboldtii the darker form? Not warczewiczianum/ walllissii the pale form…
That section has been subject to many changes lately.

If you are talking about the darker form it is now named humboldtii…

Yes! It is a closely relative to exstaminodium some are even considering it as a variety.

Have a look at old thread on this forum about exstaminodium you will found some interesting discussions…

I would also refer those interested to the 2020 year end Phrag. Issue of the Orchid Digest. There is a detailed treatise within on the three species of Phrags that we know of that produce flowers without a staminode. Humboltii is one of them. The other two are schlimii and boisserianum.

You certainely mean warczewiczianum/ warzcewiczii/ popowii/ humboldtii the darker form? Not warczewiczianum/ walllissii the pale form…
That section has been subject to many changes lately.

If you are talking about the darker form it is now named humboldtii…

Yes! It is a closely relative to exstaminodium some are even considering it as a variety.

Have a look at old thread on this forum about exstaminodium you will found some interesting discussions…
Thanks I was not sure about the spelling…..I certainly explore the old thread.

Latest posts

Back