phragmipedium humboldtii can be this one?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luca69

Reaction score
41f525c244c3ef2354e8dcd87a985395.jpg
Hello everybody
I must bring this plant to an orchid show next weekend (not to be award) but I'm not but is it's label correct. My label is phragmipedium humboldtii.
What do you think.
Any suggest is well accept.
Thank you

Luca1a575649e3179daa22313d8370f9f205.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3552.JPG
    IMG_3552.JPG
    5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3551.JPG
    IMG_3551.JPG
    4.2 KB · Views: 15
It's not the Phragmipedium of a thousand names (humboldtii/popowii/warscewiczianum/lmnop). It may be a hybrid of it, though. Did part of the label get broken off or is it possible that part of the name has faded/worn off?

I don't think I can give you an accurate name for it, since there are a lot of this type of hybrid that look similar, and then when you add in all the taxonomic changes over the years, the picture gets even fuzzier.

They're pretty flowers either way, even if you don't know the name.

It is NOT humboldtii. It is a hybrid. It could be Grande, or Wossner Supergrande, or Nitidissimum, or Mont Fallu, etc. There are so many hybrids that it could be. There is no way to tell now. This will always be a plant without a name. It's a very attractive NoID (No Identification).

Thank for your comments. I share the idea it could be a P. Grande and I'll mark it in this way.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Back