Phragmipedium Graeme Jones

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow this is special, I don't recall the last time you ever posted a flower picture Lance and you did it with this knockout!

Could it be because of Pg. ficherii?? ficherii does have such an intense purple color and Xing with PK will be stunning. Though i haven't seen any primary flower of PK x ficherii yet.

I had the opportunity of meeting Graeme Jones himself when I was in Perth, Australia last September. He is a pretty good phrag grower and he also showed me photos of his own Phrag. Graeme Jones, which were superb in shape but more on the pink side when compared to this one. I would say of any kovachii hybrid, this one is hands down the most symmetrical. I'm making some myself as our Barbara LeAnn and kovachii are coming into bloom now.

I think the fischeri in the background is helping the hybrid with the very round petals.

Phrag. Graeme Jones

It would be interesting to see if it grows and reflexes back like a regular kovachii after a few days.

Hi Ryan. I believe that I was the first to flower Phrag
. Graeme Jones, hence named after myself. In answer to your question, No it does not reflex back as it grows, it holds it's shape until the bloom drops. I have flowered 5 of them and they're all very well shaped, the biggest so far has a span of 12cms.

Thanks for the info. Funny, I forgot about the theft and was looking at Manrique's website today and planning to order some hybrids. There are some there that no-one else had and if I catch scent of them I will sound an alarm. :mad:

Thanks for the info. Funny, I forgot about the theft and was looking at Manrique's website today and planning to order some hybrids. There are some there that no-one else had and if I catch scent of them I will sound an alarm. :mad:

I'll be having lunch with Alfredo next week, if there are some specific hybrids you are lusting for I can see if he has some hiding.

Thanks, I will PM you. I cant pay the hefty import paper fee on his website, so I'm willing to wait until the next time someone brings/sends plants back to the US. :wink:

Thanks, I will PM you. I cant pay the hefty import paper fee on his website, so I'm willing to wait until the next time someone brings/sends plants back to the US. :wink:

Yes, it is really costly to get export documents for any shipment out of Peru (not just plants). The cost is the same for one plant or a thousand, so group orders are a must.

Hopefully Alfredo has a way, Paypal or something, that i can pay or leave a deposit and get the plants next time he comes to the Northeast for a show.

This Hybrid is amazing! Sorry to hear about the robbery at Alfredo´s nursery, he is a very nice guy.
I am sure soon we can track back the plants; some of the stolen hybrids will be difficult to hide.

Latest posts

Back