Phragmipedium Fritz Schomberg

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clearsky57

Reaction score
So, This is a plant that I purchased from Jeff Morris at the Paph Forum several weeks ago...in spike but small bud.....
finally opened up a few days ago and has been growing since...
Now, it is about 13.5 cm across, and the second pic shows how flat it "still" is...
Love the color on this one....
came from OZ breeding (before Terry got out) really great color compared to other sibs and holding it too....

Makes you want to own one of these....

Attachments

• FS front on 13.jpg
    FS front on 13.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
  • FS side view.jpg
    FS side view.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
I am keeping my fingers crossed..... it has been open now about a week or so.
only getting flatter and growing so far...

Thanks guys:
so i do have the parentage (pretty sure anyhow) besseae "Mega" x kovachii "Leonardo Andre" FCC/AOS....
hope this helps with the background.
david

btw these photos taken in my greenhouse, overcast, with my phone no additional lighting so colors are pretty close.
I love all the discussion on FS on terryros' thread...

So, This is a plant that I purchased from Jeff Morris at the Paph Forum several weeks ago...in spike but small bud.....
Now, it is about 13.5 cm across, and the second pic shows how flat it "still" is...
came from OZ breeding (before Terry got out) really great color compared to other sibs and holding it too....

Really nice Fritz. Nice and flat at this point is great!

Intense color and great shape.

Depending on the extent of the color blemishes, it might not alter the score too much. If the pimple is blackish rather than a slight color break (less than 2-3 mm), it might alter some judges' good books. Bring it in for judging anyways. You never know what happens. Good luck.

(looks to me an AM (82-86) quality at this point if it stays flat, but don't quote me lol)

I have to be honest, with a drop dead gorgeous flower like that, it should go in to judging. A small blemish like that is at most, a 2 point deduction for me. At most!!! But I am looking at a possible FCC without it. That flower is that impressive. I am thinking 85, maybe 86, 87 points. But if it measures up to recent AM’s size wise, it could eventually get the FCC.
There is so much to learn by taking it in as is, to see where it scores knowing without the imperfection, it could be an FCC.
Never hesitate. Never hold off. I have had two of my own HCC’s die on me waiting to go back for an AM. That hurts a whole lot more then an 85 point AM with a blemish,
GOOD LUCK

Intense color and great shape.

Depending on the extent of the color blemishes, it might not alter the score too much. If the pimple is blackish rather than a slight color break (less than 2-3 mm), it might alter some judges' good books. Bring it in for judging anyways. You never know what happens. Good luck.

(looks to me an AM (82-86) quality at this point if it stays flat, but don't quote me lol)
From experience (which is slight), I'd say the same, Leslie! If he waits for next bloom, for whatever reason, it might not be as good. Nature happens... So, I would take it for judging as is. If nothing else, he will hear the judges comments on what needs to be better. But he should be awarded something, I would think if you think that level of AM.

I have to be honest, with a drop dead gorgeous flower like that, it should go in to judging. A small blemish like that is at most, a 2 point deduction for me. At most!!! But I am looking at a possible FCC without it. That flower is that impressive. I am thinking 85, maybe 86, 87 points. But if it measures up to recent AM’s size wise, it could eventually get the FCC.
There is so much to learn by taking it in as is, to see where it scores knowing without the imperfection, it could be an FCC.
Never hesitate. Never hold off. I have had two of my own HCC’s die on me waiting to go back for an AM. That hurts a whole lot more then an 85 point AM with a blemish,
GOOD LUCK
AMEN!!

Let Jeff know, he will be thrilled!!

Latest posts

Back