Phragmipedium Elisabeth Castle

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrag-Plus

Reaction score
We’ve got pretty cool temperature up here since few weeks and reach freezing point since 3 to 4 days...
It goes down 15 degrees at night in the greenhouse....
Red are red!

ElisabethCastle4.jpg

Very nice! Elizabeth Castle is Memoria Dick Clements x Hanne Popow, right? How big is the flower and plant?

Elizabeth Castle has a color range from red to pinkish red depending on the actual parents. All are very nice and well grown examples rival Jason Fischer.

Nice flower, a lovely red colour and another example for your constant spell of nice weather. :D

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Love the red colouring and the shape! Do you mean 15C or 15F?

It would probably handle 12C wouldn't it?

He's from Canada, so it would be Celsius. It hasn't gotten down to 15 F yet - it's only September! I have a few besseae crosses, and 12C is no problem.

Jean-pierre - good to know that your Phrags get down to 15C - mine often get down to 10C, so I should get some real good colours! My Rosalie Dixler is outstanding (in my opinion) - and is in spike now again!

Love the red colouring and the shape! Do you mean 15C or 15F?

It would probably handle 12C wouldn't it?

It is 15C, but Phrags can handle less than that, we did have few electrical failures in the past and the greenhouse temperature went down to 1 or 2 degrees C, it had ice all around the greenhouse and didn’t have any lost....

It is so beautiful!!! :drool: I'm so sad my temperatures are too hot to grow such amazing phrags. :sob::sob::sob:

He's from Canada, so it would be Celsius. It hasn't gotten down to 15 F yet - it's only September! I have a few besseae crosses, and 12C is no problem.

Jean-pierre - good to know that your Phrags get down to 15C - mine often get down to 10C, so I should get some real good colours! My Rosalie Dixler is outstanding (in my opinion) - and is in spike now again!

Hi Kevin, the first winter I had the greenhouse, I kept the night temp minima at 5C. Colourations were studding but growths were slowed, mature plants were ok but I realise than the seedlings prefer warmer temp to thrive... Or it is because I want them to grow faster??? Can't wait to see your Rosaly Dixler!

Latest posts

Back