Phragmipedium caudatum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul

Reaction score
Finally, it blooms after 4 years only growing... well it was time for it to make the show :rollhappy:
4 spikes, 2 are opened with 6 flowers, 2 are in buds.

P1140189.JPG

P1140187.JPG

One of my favourite phrags. A beautiful specimen you've grown and it can only get better. Well done.

Ed

Paul, could you tell me about your culture to get such a nice plant. I know one tip is patience. But is there anything that you do differently than your other phrags? How often is it feed and watered? How bright? I have noticed mine do better when it is hotter if they are in a clay pot, all my caudatums and company are in clay now. I think it has to do with keeping the roots cool. Any info would be appreciated.

thank you

This one has to be grown under bright light, temperate, humid.
A quite small clay pot is better (mine is a deep clay pot) but it has to be watered a lot.
You can use sphagnum moss in the mix to keep it wet easier, but with other things like perlite or lava rock or else, and small pine bark.
Little fertilizing, like other Phrags.

thank you

This one has to be grown under bright light, temperate, humid.
A quite small clay pot is better (mine is a deep clay pot) but it has to be watered a lot.
You can use sphagnum moss in the mix to keep it wet easier, but with other things like perlite or lava rock or else, and small pine bark.
Little fertilizing, like other Phrags.

Paul

I believe you said in another thread that you have soft water and/or use rain water.

Can you give us some idea how often you water as "watered a lot". And do you know the hardness and EC of your basic irrigation water?

Latest posts

Back