Phragmipedium Besseae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a small suggestion: besseae is a species, and so it is not capitalized. Only hybrids are capitalized.

Looking forward to seeing the flower open.

love to see the bud shot.
I hope yours open up nice and pretty!

I can see the leaves and the way the spike develops in my hybrid.

By the way, is besseae really a cool grower or does it go through cooler season?
I think one thing that kept me from getting one was that I read somewhere in the past that this was a cool growing plant, which I stay away from as much as possible.

Also, the growing habit of some...

I don't.

I guess I can dig into the weather pattern in the area, but just lazy. lol

I know the records all say these are found well above 1,000m in the wet mountane area.
Some source even says warm grower, which I think is wrong.
It should be intermediate at best.

Given the area and the altitude, I assume mild to warm during the day year around, but night temperature might dip significantly almost all the time.
just my guess.

What I have seen is...

When I grew mine cooler and darker I would get larger fan growth with fewer new growths produced. Now that I am growing it intermediate it is producing smaller fans but more of them.

concerning the temperature range I know that warm conditions gets less intense colored flowers

As the original source, having stared at thousands of besseae, I would say the form on that one is very good!
I am pleased that everyone in Europe can get our plants from Popow.
JC

As the original source, having stared at thousands of besseae, I would say the form on that one is very good!
I am pleased that everyone in Europe can get our plants from Popow.
JC

dear JC,
I'm honored to read it.
it is a pleasure for me to be an owner of a such full quality Besseae.
I have also a Rothschildianum Z7174 and Z7071 is coming, I can't wait to see them in bud.

Latest posts

Back