Phragmipedium besseae fma. flavum 'Queen Bee' x 'Outstanding'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naoki

Reaction score
I got this from a Slippertalk member, Denver, in fall 2017. The cross is from Orchid Zone. The leaves are quite yellow and it doesn't look too healthy looking with the fungal dots on the flowers at this moment. It is probably too close to the light. I'm not using a tray of water, and I keep it slightly more moist than typical Paphs. So it might do better with more water although it grows at a reasonable speed and the pot is packed with roots (as with many phrags).

n2H75eFC_o.jpg

cSEzlpxu_o.jpg

OArymJ9b_o.jpg

OEiSUPDe_o.jpg

RFNOUlLY_o.jpg

T6k1uLGA_o.jpg

Neat little windows on the pouch. It looks like a small grower.

I agree, my P. besseae seems to prefer shadier conditions than my other Phrags. Shady and wet seems to be the way to grow them, along with decent humidity and good air flow.

Very nice. The petal stance is quite different. I don't remember seeing a besseae with fuzz before. Certainly not that much. Great photos as usual!

This plant had a moderately long stolon when I got it, but it has been staying in the pot now. I don't have a plant to breed this one yet.

Latest posts

Back