Phragmipedium Apollo ( Fritz Schomburg x kovachii )

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vandacee

Reaction score
Phragmipedium Apollo ( Fritz Schomburg x kovachii )
First bloom !

Apollo.jpg

Very exciting - it’s such an intriguing cross!
My first Apollo looked just like yours! It bloomed on a very small plant and only produced a single flower.
I don’t know how you feel about yours, but I am hoping mine improves a bit with maturity. I am hoping that some of the others I am trying to raise will present with better color saturation and form. As I mentioned to a slippertalk friend, the truth is that I am looking for something that is shaped like a great Fritz, only bigger, and trending toward that intense kovachii purple . . . and then I woke up.

My first Apollo looked just like yours! It bloomed on a very small plant and only produced a single flower.
I don’t know how you feel about yours, but I am hoping mine improves a bit with maturity. I am hoping that some of the others I am trying to raise will present with better color saturation and form. As I mentioned to a slippertalk friend, the truth is that I am looking for something that is shaped like a great Fritz, only bigger, and trending toward that intense kovachii purple . . . and then I woke up.
It is a young plant and one hardly leaves the heat!... it is not so bad for a first bloom!

what do you mean woke up... is my expectation also only a dream? Surely Chuck has some magic fairy dust that will make our dreams come true.

what do you mean woke up... is my expectation also only a dream? Surely Chuck has some magic fairy dust that will make our dreams come true.
Rich, I noticed that you didn’t “like“ my comment, lol. My first one to bloom didn’t come from Chuck, but I have some of his chugging along. Have you bloomed out any of yours yet?

Good morning,
I have several from Chuck and one from another grower. They all seem to be slow growers and tend to be on the small side. I grow mine cool, just like my Kovachi.
George

Good luck with this one on future flowerings Andre.
I have one from the Fischer's that is just starting it’s second growth and may flower on that. I don’t find it particularly slow, it’s similar to other hybrids of this type.
If you want a super vigorous hybrid like this then try to find Mem. Juan Alberto Arias ( eumelia arias X kovachii). Mine flowered on the second growth last winter and has just produced two new big new shoots.
David

Rich, I noticed that you didn’t “like“ my comment, lol. My first one to bloom didn’t come from Chuck, but I have some of his chugging along. Have you bloomed out any of yours yet?

Na still quite a ways to go.... stay tuned...

Latest posts

Back