• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Phragmipedium Allison Strohm

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdupont

Reaction score
Hi, all. I'm looking for Phragmipedium Allison Strohm. Not a triploid one, though. Any ideas? Thanks!

You could also look for a cross using similar parents? I'm thinking about the Perusian Royalty (Bel Royal x kovachii). It might be easier to find a 2N version of that one as I think that all the Allison Strohm are triploids.

You could also look for a cross using similar parents? I'm thinking about the Perusian Royalty (Bel Royal x kovachii). It might be easier to find a 2N version of that one as I think that all the Allison Strohm are triploids.

Hi, Silvian. Thanks for pointing out the similar cross! Do you know of anyone who has it available?

I got mine from Peruflora. Not sure about the ploidy of the plant, though.

Phrag.PR.Nov2016.zoom.jpeg

Phrag.PR.Nov.2017.Plant.jpeg

That cross is by HP Norton/Orchidview. I have tried but not been able to reach them for months.

I was in touch with them briefly before that hurricane last month. They have apparently retired and only have a very small collection now, so I've been told. I have since messaged them again, but without a response. I hope everything is ok!

Silvan, thanks for the pic! I'll check out peruflora for this cross... Beautiful plant!

Thanks for the info.
BTW Sil, the X Bel Royal would have long petals, right?

Bel Royal is Memoria Dick Clements x Sorcerer's Apprentice, Eric. From what I've seen on google that cross doesn't have long petals. But seem to make a lot of flowers that open up at the same time. That is what I was expecting and it didn't happen on it's first bloom. So, I'm a bit disappointed for now. I need to amp up my watering and fertilizer regime, ...

If you meant X Bel Royal in general, I would think that crossing it with the caudatum group or Grande, it would give a semi-long petaled flower. Maybe similar
to a Fliquet?

Last edited:
I was in touch with them briefly before that hurricane last month. They have apparently retired and only have a very small collection now, so I've been told. I have since messaged them again, but without a response. I hope everything is ok!

Silvan, thanks for the pic! I'll check out peruflora for this cross... Beautiful plant!

No problem. Are you looking for a 2N plant for a breeding program? I can put some pollen on it to see if their Perusian Royalty is fertile and report back :)

No problem. Are you looking for a 2N plant for a breeding program? I can put some pollen on it to see if their Perusian Royalty is fertile and report back :)

I am, in fact! That would be great! It's so kind of you to offer, thank you so much!

Back