Phragmipedium Acker's Classic

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the first of my Acker's Classic seedlings (Twlight x kovachii) to bloom. I only kept 5 or so from the flask. A couple forum members may have some of these either directly from Chuck Acker or from me. I deflasked mine in June 2019. This particular plant attempted to bloom last year but blasted due to neglect. A newborn and sleeplessness are not great for a collection. The theme for my collection was just survive for the last year. It worked because this one is rebounding nicely and spiked with 3 of its siblings. They should be opening in 2-3 weeks.

I am pleased as punch with this flower and looking forward to seeing how it matures over the next few days. This is day 2.

20221214_071717.jpg
20221214_071641.jpg
And yes. Repotting is needed.

Thanks all!

All of these are very nice! What's your culture?
In the colder months, I grow under lights in my grow room which ranges from around 65F at night to around 75F during the day. Humidity is between 55-65% in the room. Being a chronic underwaterer, its easiest for me to grow my Phrags in small saucers of water to meet their moisture needs. They get watered from the top 1-2x per week.

Thanks all! Chuck has some amazing crosses, and they are surprisingly easy to grow from flask with a little extra care. I have need to provide some updates to this thread. Here are the second and third flower side by side. The color temperature is off a bit. They are much more pink and not so yellowy.

20230109_133854 (1).jpg

I have not photo graphed the fourth yet. It is the largest of the four, but the form is not great.

Back