Phrag. wallisii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon in SW Ohio

Reefer, the legal kind
Reaction score
Wasn't in the best shape when I "rescued" it and still has some recovering to do, but here it is in bloom. I'm sure everyone knows that the taxonomists want to change its name to warscewiczianum, but this will always be wallisii to me.

walls1.jpg

walls2.jpg

Jon
________
HONDA XR600

Last edited:
Looks Great!!! What type of Grammatophyllum is that next to it?

also, is that 16 gauge GAW you use for your benches?

Not sure of the gauge, as the benchs are made from salvaged catwalks from billboards...an unlikely source, but cheap and weather resistant.

The Grammatophyllum next to it is scriptum. I wasn't going to post a photo since it is almost done blooming and I didn't take any pics when it was in its prime...but this is it as of yesterday.
script1.jpg

Jon
________
Jaguar V12 Engine

Last edited:
looks great! You should take a panoramic view of your greenhouse, it looks so beautiful!

you tell 'em, Jon! it's name is WALLISII

I used to have one that bloomed reliably for a number of years...but basal rot got it eventually. :(

Phrag.%20wallisii%20(2002.07)-1.JPG

Phrag.%20wallisii%20(2002.07)-3.JPG

Phrag.%20wallisii%20(2003.06)-2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Stunning :clap: :clap: :clap:

Love that colour

Last edited by a moderator:
Jmoney said:
you tell 'em, Jon! it's name is WALLISII

I used to have one that bloomed reliably for a number of years...but basal rot got it eventually

Jason You are totally bumming me out:poke:

I had a great wallisii that consistently threw out 5 flowers per spike with a nice yellow cast.

I toted it around to too many shows in one season, and cratered it with basal rot.

Grow it up Jon. Well bloomed!

Heather said:
Funny. I have no problem changing the name of warscewiczeanum to popowii, but wallisii to warsce. I just can't handle...if they could just have ditched the long complicated name....:rolleyes:

I totally agree. It just makes it more complicated when a name from one plant is given to another. I understand the history of this, but there is another consideration: common parlance.

Latest posts

Back