Phrag Umbriel

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the subtle color gradations and the floppiness of the humboldtii (or whatever they call that now).

Linus - spray the flowers and spike with Kelpak solution. That has proven to slow the natural senescence process.
at what concentration do you recommend? does this work for paphs too?

also, does it have any effects on a flower’s ability to be pollinated/hold a capsule?

at what concentration do you recommend? does this work for paphs too?

also, does it have any effects on a flower’s ability to be pollinated/hold a capsule?
I have only worked with a 1:250 concentration - 1 tablespoon/gal.

I have only tried it on phrags, but based upon the phlorotannin presence, I would expect it to work on all plants.

Kelpak has been shown to enhance pollen tube growth (proven on something else - I don't remember what), which might be especially good when putting small-flower pollen on a larger flower, and it certainly increases yield.

I have only worked with a 1:250 concentration - 1 tablespoon/gal.

I have only tried it on phrags, but based upon the phlorotannin presence, I would expect it to work on all plants.

Kelpak has been shown to enhance pollen tube growth (proven on something else - I don't remember what), which might be especially good when putting small-flower pollen on a larger flower, and it certainly increases yield.
i have some paph crosses planned for a Saint Swithin in the process of opening its flowers. i’ll spray it down this weekend and see what happens

Back