Phrag. Twilight x fischeri

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gore42

To be more accurate, this is Phrag. Twilight 'Rising Rocket' 4N AM/AOS x Phrag. fischeri 'Waunakee'. This is a first bloom seedling.

phrag-twilight-x-fischeri2.jpg

In this case, I think the cross looks like a more richly colored Phrag. Cape Sunset, which isn't surprising, considering that Twilight looks quite a bit like a dark red Eric Young, and fischeri like a darker purple schlimii.

Anyway, I've been growing these for the past two years, from flask. Most of the plants are blooming size now, and I have a couple more in spike, so I'll post photos of some of the variation soon, if it's worth it. They're all very fast growers, but some of the plants are quite large, and many are more compact (though still much larger than a fischeri).

As Ever,
Matthew Gore

Incidentally, the color isn't quite accurate. My camera seems to have trouble capturing purples. In person, the pouch is more pink than red.
- Matt

Very nice. I saw on eBay that Lance GoneWild has flowered out Waunakee Sunset x Magdelene Rose also. Yay besseae hybrids; another gen in the box!

Was that another Terry Root cross? It's beautiful. I love the shading on the petals.

Beautiful, and nicely done. I'm looking forward to more photos, thanks for sharing.

Love it! Love the photo too.........that image as about as sharp as you can get.

The flower is really worth having......and that's why you should send it to me.......;-)

It sounded like an Acker cross, but I thought you bought a lot of crossed from Terry. I was wrong.

I love most of the Chuck Acker crosses. Possibly I should say ALL not MOST.

Nope, this was a Chuck Acker cross :) Terry Root doesn't seem interested in speaking to me :(

- Matt

Why? you are a vendor so you buy bulk from him. (I thought he only does not care to deal with individual buyer)

Terry is interesting...

Matt, what is Chucks number on that cross? do you still have it? I bloomed out something that looks almost the same this week, but all I have is the number.

Terry is interesting...

Matt, what is Chucks number on that cross? do you still have it? I bloomed out something that looks almost the same this week, but all I have is the number.

Please post the #. I have a number of Chuck's crosses and know him well enough to ask him if I don't know what it is.

Gary

I'm actually not sure what the number is... I'd have to look up the receipt. I'd probably recognize it if you posted it, though.

- Matt

Phrag. Twilight 'Rising Rocket' 4N AM/AOS x Phrag. fischeri 'Waunakee' is CA304.

Latest posts

Back