Phrag suzanne decker

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Posted last year but now a year older with larger growths and flowers.
This kovachii hybrid has big pink flowers of good shape and close to six inches across.
It grows with several other phrags in a tray of rain water kept topped up and fed at every watering with akerne's rain mix.
I am super lazy and never flush through, just top up the tray with fresh feed.
The plants have never exhibited any problems with over feeding or 'stagnant' water (whatever that is).
Further posts to follow as this iPad will not load more than one photo per post.
David

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 136
Growing phrags

The plants just sit in a tray of water/feed year round and this is replenished when the water level gets low.
There is no ebb and flow or flushing through. It is a super lazy system.
There are several large vigorous phrags sharing the same tray and so the weak feed never gets a chance to build up before it is used up.
It cannot be strong as the cat prefers to drink this water rather than the fresh stuff sat in her water tray!
Some of the plants are in bark and others in rock wool.
I see no difference in growth.
David

Excellent plants!!! Your kovachii hybrid is great, those cost 1,000 american dollars in the u.s.

I love the soft coral/pink colour of your SD. Well grown!
My favorite kovachii cross by far. I love it so much that I have two of those. :D
I find that it's either very easy to grow and flower or a real pain and prone to rot. Anyway, congrats and thanks for sharing. :)

This is a very nice, pleasing flower. Nice, vigorous plant too! Congratulations on doing so well with it. :clap:

Excellent plants!!! Your kovachii hybrid is great, those cost 1,000 american dollars in the u.s.

Troy, this is just one plant. Also, where the heck do you shop?!:confused:

very nice ,is it a 4n plant?

I believe all Phrag. Suzanne Decker's originate from Glen Decker's cross which was Phrag. kovachii 'Laura' x Cape Sunset (4N). SO, they are all triploids (unless someone else remade it with a tetraploid kovachii! Thus far I know there are no tetraploid kovachii's that have bloomed yet...).

But regardless of the ploidy level, nice plant and flowers!

Robert

Latest posts

Back