Phrag. Sunset Magic 'Littlefrog Cherry Surprise'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
This is Chuck Acker's cross, Memoria Dick Clements x Waunakee Sunset 'Cherry'. I wonder if this might be a natural tetraploid, it is absolutely huge for this kind of breeding (over 4") and very heavy substance. I like it a lot. Reminds me of a very good Jason Fischer (which are mostly very good). Might be better. I hope it is fertile.

This is why you rebloom things... It has bloomed before, but if I recall it was in the middle of summer and the flower was much smaller and not as intensely colored. Another six months of growing under cooler conditions and it gives me this. Wonder what it will look like this summer? Sunset Magic LF Cherry Surprise.jpg

I love it! The ring around the pouch sets the vibrant red off beautifully. Got any divisions?
Not for a while, I suspect. I did make a couple crosses... I don't have a high success rate on crosses, but we'll know in a few weeks if they took.

I sent a picture to Chuck and he seemed to like it. It is pretty much identical to Waunakee Sunset 'Cherry' (which I also have blooming) but much bigger. Very thick substance. I always tear off pouches to pollinate phrags, and I had to work at it on this one...

That's gorgeous!! I hope it's fertile.

Maybe you have a lot of 3N plants. I have at least an 80% success rate with pollinating Phrags but I try hard to avoid buying 3N plants.

Latest posts

Back