Phrag. St. Peter 4N

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

evil genius
Reaction score
Natural spread of about 15.5cm. Second spike on the way. I'll try getting another pic when that one's open as well.

Agreed... those petals are great! The color is really pretty good, but those outstretched petals are wonderful :)

- Matt

Here you go.

As you can see, I have the plant in a decorative 4Qt (3.8L) food canister with the top cut off, and some S/H holes in the side. The plant has been growing in this setup since mid-summer. The media is that rubber mulch stuff made from recycled tires. I've got some yellowing from high light/heat issues, and some brown tips from poor water. Plus some mechanical damage on the leaf on the left there. CCM here I come!

Beautiful and striking. I love the shot of the whole plant, you can get a better idea of the proportions of the flower and plant.

Heather said:
Always have a soft spot in my heart for this one. Was my very first Phrag. Nice petal stance but I'm not so keen on the coloring and form otherwise, though the second photo looks like it's evened/filled out some.

You can all throw tomatoes at me. :)
OK, some soft spot. I'd hate to see what you do to something you don't like! :poke:

Sue said:
Here you go.

As you can see, I have the plant in a decorative 4Qt (3.8L) food canister with the top cut off, and some S/H holes in the side.
I'm going to start a thread about interesting and creative potting solutions. Thanx for the whole plant photo.

This is my St. Peter. It looks quite a bit different than yours. This is a first bloom so possibly the dorsal will be better on the next blooming.

The pot looks a lot like my fancy ones, large juice bottles. I just don't look at the pot. I prefer to vocus on the blooms.

Z-StPeter9-2006.jpg

Latest posts

Back