Phrag. schlimii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
I couldn't believe my eyes -- this little thing was blooming on the bottom shelf way in back in my growing space -- I didn't even know it was in spike, so hidden was it!

Phrag_schlimii.jpg

Nice form!:clap:

I have 2 schlimiis; Mines are really easy to grow but it's necessary to give just a little fertilizer; otherwise, the leaves becomes brown and the plant dies rapidly.

I just purchased a schlimii...I am not sure what is meant by just a little fertilizer. Please can you give more info regarding culture.

Thanks, C

I just purchased a schlimii...I am not sure what is meant by just a little fertilizer. Please can you give more info regarding culture.

Thanks, C

Sorry...:( this pragmi doesn't like to receive too much fertilizer. For example, when I give water with fertilizer (3 times on 4), it's 600-700µS for a phalaenopsis hybrid and just 200µS for schlimii.

I hope it's clear...:confused:

I couldn't believe my eyes -- this little thing was blooming on the bottom shelf way in back in my growing space -- I didn't even know it was in spike, so hidden was it!

Phrag_schlimii.jpg

Congratulation.
Hidden is the survival mean of the flower.
I knock off a lot of buds when they are in the front row seats.

Wonderful flowers Slipperfan...A happy surpsise you had over there....!!!!!

Sounds like you have way to many orchids Dot!
Probably true! I can't help myself...

As far as fertilizer goes, I fertilize this Phrag as I do all my orchids, once a week (OK, sometimes I skip a week) with MSU Formula for rain/distilled/RO water at 125 ppm nitrogen. It's growing very well, with lots of new growths.

Fragrance? Yes: lightly sweet.

Dot, it's hell to get old, we loose things , forget things:poke:

But when it pops out it's like Brand New!:clap:

Back