Phrag. schlimii var manzurii 'Fox Valley' (x self)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In bloom this sunny, frigid morning. Down to -30F wind-chill last night, but we were able to maintain a greenhouse temp of 57F. Really glad we decided to over-size that Modine heater! Temps are forecast to moderate by the end of the week.

It's cold also in Germany. We had here -18°C a few nights ago.
That manzurii is so so nice. Although I don't like pink, it is one of my favorites. Mine did not bloom till now.

Thanks. The petals are actually a very pale light green in color, but it's virtually impossible to take a photo that shows that . FYI - Snowed an additional 8 inches last night with below zero wind-chills. Can't wait to see that natural gas bill! Looks like the East isn't doing too much better.

Last edited:
Beautiful and just the color I love! I'm now living with close to your conditions...ice storm, power outage, generator malfunction
for greenhouse, only got telephone and internet back today. Looking for another bout again today or tomorrow...damn!
My greenhouse got down to 40F and I hope no damage so far.

In bloom this sunny, frigid morning. Down to -30F wind-chill last night, but we were able to maintain a greenhouse temp of 57F. Really glad we decided to over-size that Modine heater! Temps are forecast to moderate by the end of the week.
Excellent schlimii!
Curiously Tom, is it a Hot Dawg?
How many BTU’s for your GH?

The natural gas-fired Modine heater output is 75,000 btu/hr. If I remember correctly, the heater was sized for a delta T of 70F ? (If outdoor ambient temp is -20F I should be able to maintain 50F in the greenhouse).

The natural gas-fired Modine heater output is 75,000 btu/hr. If I remember correctly, the heater was sized for a delta T of 70F ? (If outdoor ambient temp is -20F I should be able to maintain 50F in the greenhouse).
Thanks Tom,
I’ve put a down payment on a GH. Many GH manufacturers are months behind because of Covid. People are buying Greenhouses!

Latest posts

Back