Phrag Saint Ouen 'TOP Yellow'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trevor Gulick

Reaction score
This is just my first phrag to bloom, so it was interesting to see the stalk and flower develop. It's rather small perhaps, but I assume that the future flowers will be bigger perhaps? There's a mini cymbidium behind it.
20210202_085024.jpg

Love that yellow color. If you get tired of it, send it to me and I'll send you some other colors... :)

It will probably get a bit bigger next time, but it is pretty typical for that type of breeding. Won't get huge flowers.

I can hardly look at the lovely Phrag. because the Cym behind it is soooo gorgeous. Where did you find a mini Cym.?
What temperature range for culture? Wuh oh, Cym. envy again!

Yay besseae hybrids! Thanks for sharing. The bloom looks about normal, as there aren''t a lot of big bloom yellow Phrag hybrids yet.

Oh yeah, say that again to my face Eric! I adore Cyms., but Phrags love the conditions in my gh. The fragrance is what
draws me to Chinese Cyms...the smell is hypnotic. I'd also love to know exactly what "temperature tolerant" means.

It should be 'warm temperature tolerant', which means that they don't need the prolonged cold period to bloom. This is common for a lot of mini Cyms with the same background. This Cym never went outside, and it never goes below 55 inside.

Back