Phrag. Saint Ouen flavum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

For those of you who had not seen pictures of our flavum colored Saint Ouen's (made with besseae flavum 'Taiyo' AM/AOS (4N) ) I posted some more pictures. This was a very variable cross as you can see from the pictures. The colors ranged from pure yellow, to yellow with peach, to peach to pink. My favorite ones where the yellow ones with a little peach in the center. One of the seedlings from this cross got an AM!

StOuenflavum.jpg

PeachHeart.jpg

RedPicotee.jpg

PeachWings.jpg

PinkSaintOuen.jpg

Let me know which one you like the best.

Robert

I looooove this cross! I bought a number of them. Here is one of the ones I got:

stof1.jpg

stof3.jpg

I love that second one you posted, it's stunning! I think this has got to be my absolute favourite Phrag. cross.

I don't care for the form of the second one, but if it was mine, I'd still keep it around. The picotee on the third is stunning . . . but uneven. Maybe it'll stabilize in subsequent bloomings? I think overall my favourite is the first – very full, round, well balanced flower, with an interesting blush to it.

----------

Edit: I just looked at the pics on the website.

The first one there – the white-yellow one – is my new favourite! Great cross, BTW! I love the form of St. Ouen, and the colours you're getting here are terrific.

I agree with Lien and Heather the second is my favorite, but the first one is very nice, also. The third is also interesting in a quirky way, with the strong contrast between the yellow and red. It kind of reminds me of when my kids were two and three and they got hold of mom's red lipstick.:evil:

New to forum

Hi Doc, I cant wait for mine to bloom. I blasted the bud on the one I just got from Orchids Ltd. hopefully the plant will do another soon. E.

Latest posts

Back