• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Phrag 'Ruby Slippers'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had found that site already. They definitely had some really nice plants but they didn't have any of the ones I was looking for. They do have a warscewiczianum hybrid- Phrag. (warscewiczianum 'Windy Hill' x wallisii 'Tower Grove' HCC/AOS).

I would call and ask her. I bought a warsch. from her once, but it wasn't listed. She has a lot of nice, larger plants, in small quantities that she doesn't list on her catalog so it might be worth a phone call.

Mont Fallu - try Orchids Limited, maybe? That one shouldn't be hard to find. Also, don't forget that warscewiczianum has been re-named popowii, I think, and wallisii is now warscewiczianum, but not everyone subscribes to that taxonomical change.

(I might have gotten that wrong. Help?)

Ha ha ha! No way did I know that warscewiczianum was re-named popowii or that wallisii is now warscewiczianum. I have a wallisii... or is it really a wallisii and not some plant masquerading as a wallisii. Wonder what mine really is? Hmmmm, maybe I already have a warscewiczianum and should be looking for a popowii and whatever has now been named wallisii. There are days that I would like to choke the living crap out of taxonomists. This would be one of those days.

Bummer! Orchid Limited doesn't have them though. Back to the drawing board.

If you do a search here for popowii you'll find the whole mess explained.
I think I'll take a pass and just figure out what is what when they start blooming.

I don't know how I missed that one you just linked to. That's a plant I really like the looks of. Very nice. I want it a little cheaper though. I can bookmark it and wait until they have them available in the $50 size again.

Muchas gracias!

Time to find the Ruby Slippers and the Mont Fallu. Ruby Slippers is the one I've got my heart set on.

I think based on what you've said that I already have P. warscewiczianum but it's currently labeled as wallisii so I guess it's popowii and Ruby Slippers I am looking for. I am looking at that site and I notice he has a nice lindenii but I don't seem to find the Maria Glanz that you think looks nicer than Ruby Slippers. Am I missing something? I'll go online and see if I can find a photo of a Maria Glanz.

I just recently ordered from Piping Rock. I went back to take a look and didn't find the two I'm looking for but I found (egads, this is the problem with looking for specific plants because you find others you want) Phrag. China Dragon 4N 'Ruby Red' that looks really great.

I sort of found Ruby Slippers but it's currently unavailable-
http://www.paramountorchids.com/Paphiopedilum.html

Unfortunately, I also found this Court Jester at this person's site that I really like-
http://www.paramountorchids.com/jpg/Phrag Court Jester1.jpg

And then I found this Paph Primcolor-
http://www.paramountorchids.com/jpg/Paph Primcolor1.jpg

Here's a Maria Glanz-
http://www.frontiernet.net/~bloomfld/phragmipedium.htm

Another Maria Glanz and Court Jester here-
http://www.rkgorchids.com/2_plants_display.asp?category_id=4

This is not good looking for plants ;)

Paramount is in Canada which means you'd have to import them. You should probably cross them off your list unless they have something you absolutely can't get in the U.S.-especially in the winter.

Bite your tongue phrag guy! Eat your plants ;) And I just found out that goldenrose has TWO of them but they are just babies. I lust for Ruby Slippers.

P. Cotton Candy! That's another one I like the looks of.

I'm going shopping with goldenrose today. Hopefully it will be a big Prhag binge as NYEric puts it and hopefully I come home with some goodies and a Ruby Slippers. Probably not but I can dream.

You might want to email Windy Hill anyway just to ask. I saw a lot of red phrags there yesterday, and Marilyn does have many plants for sale that are not listed on her site--the ones where there are too few of each.

Evidently Windy Hill has Magic Tresses, or so I'm told but you know how that goes. I am planning on contacting her because I am going down to St. Louis in May for some sort of a seminar. I'm meeting up with a few people while I am down there to tour Missouri Botanical Gardnes and when I saw that her nursery was down in that area and that she was buddies with Leo, I knew for sure I wanted to make time to stop in.

Bloomfield Orchids is one I am not familiar with. I'll go look that one up. The other two I checked.

I have a new slipper lust list as of today. I did go shopping with goldenrose and as always, had a blast with her. I didn't spend as much as I wanted to spend though. I had called before I went down there and I thought they had Paph Primcolor, Phrag Magic Tresses, Phrag Grassau, Phrag Albopurpureum, and one other that I had asked about but when I got down there they either were sold out or couldn't find them which happens. They did have a Phrag popowii and I thought the man had said he had pulled a popowii for me but when I got home, I didn't have it. I wasn't charged for it but I still didn't have one which was a real big downer. That's what you get when you're not paying attention when they're ringing you up- I took off to take some photos! On the positive side, I had a good time down there and picked up the Phrag Amazonica from Peru that I wanted really bad as well as P. Richteri and Paph venustum album.

I'm going to call Terry Partin to see if he has anything I am looking for. Chances are good that he very well may have quite a bit of what I am looking for which would mean one stop shopping plus a chance to see him and his wife. I forget the name of his nursery though.

editing to add-
struck out at Bloomfields. Ruby Slippers must not be too popular any longer.

Latest posts

Back