Quantcast

Phrag Root Po*n

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Jenny St. Michel

Reaction score
I know I love looking at other people’s plants roots so thought I would share. I got this Phrag richteri last October and it had maybe 6 or 8 ok roots at the time. I repotted into large bark, medium lava rock, charcoal, lots and lots of perlite and top dressed with tree fern fiber. Seems to have done ok. I actually had to cut out of the pot. I try to water every day and do not sit in water. I live in Maine and we get many weather fluctuations but it’s not very humid.

73ECCD02-1F19-40D4-A46F-4DC1756A4997.jpeg98A5F07E-9293-4491-AB28-70169DCBD8DB.jpeg

Jenny St. Michel

Reaction score
For anyone interested I do use K-Lite and KelpMax. My well water is about 70 ppm and approx. ph 7.3 and I use 1/4 tsp K-Lite about every 2 or 3 days. And KelpMax every 3 or 4 weeks. I ph adjust when I first repot if run off is high. I also use this on my other houseplants plants at different amounts and they seem to do very well. I almost find roots just as interesting as the plants themselves. 😋

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Jenny - In what size pot and how many growths did it have when you got it and how many growths now?

Jenny St. Michel

Reaction score
Jenny - In what size pot and how many growths did it have when you got it and how many growths now?

Hi Ray,

It had 4 good sized growth when I got it and now it has 11. I grew it in a tall, black nursery pot -size about 6”x7”. And sat that pot within a clay pot to help keep it cool. All my plants grow in a south-west sunroom with floor to ceiling windows. I try and go for as much light as they can handle. At first I was nervous about over watering but love these guys cause it seems like you can never over water. 😅

Latest posts