Phrag. Robin Redbreast flavum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
My Robin Redbreast flavum 3N (Robert Palm ‘Roberto’ x besseae flavum) from OL. Thanks, Robert!

Phrag_RobinRedBreastflavum.jpg

:wink: The shade is a bit different from others I've seen, nice, different!

Hi Dot,

Looks Good! But I think you have the 2N Robin Redbreast flavum instead of the 3N (I had made both crosses, and if I remember right you ended up getting the 2N one).

Robert

Definitely diff! Nice job.
BTW Dr. Orchid; how do I find out which one I have?

OL 4894 with parents Phrag Robert Palm 'Tropical Sunset' x besseae flavum 'Taiyo' AM/AOS (4N) are all triploids (3N) as the besseae flavum that I used was a tetraploid.

OL 5213 with parents Phrag. Robert Palm 'Roberto' x besseae flavum (2N) are all diploids(2N), as the bessea flavum that I used was a regular 2N besseae.

Robert

Hi Dot,

Looks Good! But I think you have the 2N Robin Redbreast flavum instead of the 3N (I had made both crosses, and if I remember right you ended up getting the 2N one).

Robert
Hi Robert,

I remember talking about this, but couldn't remember whether the first one I looked at was 4N or 3N, or if this one was supposed to be 3N or 2N. However, the tag has (3N) after the name, as: Prag. Robin Redbreast flavum (3N). Is the tag wrong? If so, I'll change it because as we discussed at the greenhouse, it doesn't really matter to me because I like this one!

Yes, I noticed that some of the tags were misprinted and said Phrag Robin Redbreast (3N) while they were actually (2N)'s check to see what OL code you have; OL 4894 are triploids (3N) while OL 5213 are diploids (2N). If you actually want to do some breeding the diploids are better as the triploids are probably sterile (That is why I made both triploids and diploids, as I want to use the diploids for further breeding).

Robert

Latest posts

Back