Phrag. Robin Redbreast flavum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

This is the second bloom on the Phrag. Robin Redbreast flavum's (= Robert Palm flavum x besseae flavum).

I made the cross twice; once with our 4N besseae flavum 'Taiyo' AM/AOS (resulting in 3N Phrag. Robin Redbreast flavum's). The flowers are almost the same size and shape as a Phrag. Jason Fischer, but they are bright yellow to orange in color!

RobRdbr3N.jpg

Robrdbrst3N.jpg

and here is a picture from last year of a 2N Phrag. Robin Redbreast flavum (made with a 2N besseae flavum):

Robrdbrst2N.jpg

Robert

I agree, Lately all the hybrids that I have seen come out from other places are starting to "look alike" there are too many red to magenta hybrids out there, so lately I have been doing a lot of breeding with flavum types to create yellows and peaches. Lately I have also been doing more breeding with light pinks (like Phrag. Pink Panther). Also I am still trying to breed "white" phrags.

Robert

Very cool! I think I prefer the 2N shape, but I really like both. Too bad about the spots on the 2N... is that an old bloom, or are these flavums just especially susceptible to that sort of thing?

- Matt

The picture on the website was flawless. I think it was the 2N one. I ordered an Asuko [I swear it said Atsuko, but then Jason would get killed!] Fischer and a few others. When I went back to order the Robin Redbreast flavum they were all gone, BOOHOO.

Very cool! I think I prefer the 2N shape, but I really like both. Too bad about the spots on the 2N... is that an old bloom, or are these flavums just especially susceptible to that sort of thing?

- Matt

Other flowers did not have those spots, I think the plant got a little too dry, and that is why it had the spots.

I think we have another batch of 2N Phrag. Robin Redbreast flavum's. I will double check today, and if they are for sale, I will put them up on the website.

Robert

Well I looked, the bad news is that the second batch of 2n Phrag Robin Redbreasts hasn't been planted out yet (they are still in a community tray), so they will probably be for sale in about 4 to 6 months, but the good news is that I found a few 2N Robin Redbreasts from the first batch and more 3N Phrag. Robin Redbreast's (and some where even spiking!). There is not enough that I want to put them up for sale on the website, but if you are interested in either one send me (or Jason) an pm, and I am sure we can set one aside for you.

Also I did find more Golden Beryl's (Robert Palm x wallisii) so if you are interested in one of those let me know too!

Robert

Love them!! I especially like the 3N. Love the yellow background! Any chances of bringing any to Parkside in a couple of weeks? I own a total of 2 phrags... I think I need at least one more.... (I at least need another besseae.... I'm hooked on those now... :p )

Latest posts

Back