Phrag. Robert Silich

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e-spice

Reaction score
This is Jason Fischer 'Bridget Katherine' (3N) x Memoria Dick Clements 'Katherine'. I got it from Carter and Holmes at Redland last year but judging from the parents, it is an H. P. Norton cross. It's a good grower, producing its first flower. The width is pretty good at 11-cm NS.

e-spice

IMG_6867.JPG

Last edited:
That turned out nice. I am the one that originally made the cross. It should be Phrag. Robert C. Silich by the way.

Robert

Very beatiful! However, if the tag got lost, I'd have a hard time telling that it wasn't a pure Jason Fischer.

Robert, is it correct that one parent is a 3N and the other is a 2n? I though 3N's didn't breed.

Very beatiful! However, if the tag got lost, I'd have a hard time telling that it wasn't a pure Jason Fischer.

Robert, is it correct that one parent is a 3N and the other is a 2n? I though 3N's didn't breed.

Hey John - Memoria Dick Clements 'Katherine' Am/Aos is a 4N. I accidentally left that off when making this post.

HP Norton used it a lot as a parent and it produces a lot of pretty offspring. I bought a division of Memoria Dick Clements 'Katherine' from HP and it has bloomed only once (and not very well) in four years despite being a pretty large plant. Below is a photo of 'Katherine' that HP has on the Orchidview website.

e-spice

ov15.jpg

Hey John - Memoria Dick Clements 'Katherine' Am/Aos is a 4N. I accidentally left that off when making this post.

HP Norton used it a lot as a parent and it produces a lot of pretty offspring. I bought a division of Memoria Dick Clements 'Katherine' from HP and it has bloomed only once (and not very well) in four years despite being a pretty large plant. Below is a photo of 'Katherine' that HP has on the Orchidview website.

e-spice

Thanks e-spice. However, that means that one parent (Jason Fischer), was a 3N and the other (MDC), was a 4N. That still means no viable seed should've been produced. Can someone explain? Are 3N's fertile or not? Or, while there's no point in crossing a 3N with a 2N, can a 3N be crossed with a 4N and produce viable seed?

Latest posts

Back