Phrag. Red Wing 'Red King'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

Another Phrag. Red Wing (Robert C Silich x besseae 'Rob's Choice' AM/AOS) opened. This cross have been pretty consistent in producing well shaped flowers in saturated dark Red colors! I think overall they are better shaped and have more saturated colors than Phrag. Jason Fischer.

PhragRedWIngRedKing51513_zps2b60ff87.jpg
[/URL]

Robert

What a beautiful bloom. I really love the intensity of the color. Would love one of these.

Just amazing.

I'm very happy to reserve one plant to Jerry some weeks ago. Delivery in some days.

Cooooll!!!

Robert, how many flowers does Red Wing hold at once?

Thus far only one flower at a time, but remember these are first bloom seedlings, so who knows over time they may get more flowers per stem. Even though it is just one flower at a time, they are very stunning. The flower is fairly large, and vibrant.

Robert

That is very nice! how is the growth habit? a lot like besseae, climbing out of the pot?

No, thus far they seem not to have inherited that trait yet, so the growth habit is more like a clumper, similar to a Jason Fischer.

Robert

Back