Phrag. Prissy

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummm, yes, I can confirm that indeed, Paramount does have six or seven Phrag. Prissy. :) Two in bloom, several others not in bloom. And no, I did not buy one. I bought some other stuff instead. Bark. And a few other things, but since they weren't slippers, you won't care. :D

Joanne

Ummm, yes, I can confirm that indeed, Paramount does have six or seven Phrag. Prissy. :) Two in bloom, several others not in bloom. And no, I did not buy one. I bought some other stuff instead. Bark. And a few other things, but since they weren't slippers, you won't care. :D

Joanne

Do the ones in bloom have good color and shape?

What did you buy besides bark? :poke::D lol~

Do the ones in bloom have good color and shape?

What did you buy besides bark? :poke::D lol~

Keeping in mind that I'm a newby, the two in bloom I saw did not grab my attention like the photo of Dot's did, so I did not buy. Not to say there was anything wrong with them - I just didn't fall in love, so chose not to purchase.

Ok, and I did pick up two more Promenaea, Florafest Cheetah and Crawshayana x (Norman Gaunt x guttata),as well as a Phal. phillipinensis. :D

From my experience, Prissy is not a very strong or long lasting bloom. Fortunately the blooms are very pretty. I picked up a 3n one from H.P. Norton last time I was there and as I mentioned he has the one that looks like a solid red besseae so...

In the lab I have a bunch of Phrag. Prissy's growing that I made between a 3n Phrag. Saint Ouen flavum, that I backcrossed to our 4n besseae flavum 'Taiyo' AM/AOS. To my surprise I got a lot of germination (probably about 50 - 70 seedlings). Usually 3n plants are sterile. These will probably be all yellow, with some having a hint of peach.

Robert

In the lab I have a bunch of Phrag. Prissy's growing that I made between a 3n Phrag. Saint Ouen flavum, that I backcrossed to our 4n besseae flavum 'Taiyo' AM/AOS. To my surprise I got a lot of germination (probably about 50 - 70 seedlings). Usually 3n plants are sterile. These will probably be all yellow, with some having a hint of peach.

Robert
These should be nice. Let us know when they are ready to sell, please.

Robert

Please include my name in the list of "waiting for your Prissy flavum"
I obtained the Prissy at the WOC in MIami last January. Will post picture soon.
Your is absolutely outstanding.
Thanks for sharing a wonderful picture.

Isaias

Latest posts

Back