Phrag. Plemont

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakkai

Reaction score
Plemont is (Hanne Popow x dalessandroi). This flower just started to open. It is only one small flower, but it is a first time bloom on a single growth seedling. When it opens all of the way, I'll get a photo straight on...but I just love the windows in the pouch!!

Should only be a day or two, Rose... once this thing decided it was time to open, it literally 'popped' open in a day or two. I'm reserving judgement on the colour until some more of the 'bud green' goes out of the flower. It does have wider petals than I expected from a dalessandrio cross, though.

Thanks for looking!

Very fine, did you get it from Rattcliffe? I tried to get one but it never worked out. Next time I'm in the UK I'm either going to try to get to EYOF in Jersey or at least someone who has phrags from them to sell. BTW some airline has flights from London to Jersey for $19 US! Yay dalessendroi hybrids!! Love the way that just rolls off the tongue!:p

Burham has EYOF Phrags, as does Ratcliffe. This one came from Ratcliffe, yes. Its ID reference number is EY9395.

If you are over in this area, be sure to let me know, and perhaps we can arrange a nice dinner?

PS. I need cheap flights from Southampton Airport, as it costs me about £40 to get to London!

That's a really unusual one, shakkai!

Eric, I was told that if you let EYOF know in advance that you want to visit and you are an orchid nut then they might able to give you a behind the scenes tour of their library, etc. They don't sell plants to public though. Plus, as far as I know you'd need CITES to get the plants from Jersey to UK, anyway.

Oh and then the trip past US immigration will just be a lark! :rolleyes:
Hey remember me, Eric, the guy who almost got into it w/ the TSA @$$holes and their police lap-dogs traveling inside this country!?

Thanx Shakkai will do, I'm looking at playing in a Paintball tournament series [near Strafford]!?

Cool! Stratford, perhaps? Or Stafford/Staffordshire? Stratford is closer, Stafford is a few hours away.

Hopefully, it could tie in with one of the shows (see: http://www.iantparsons.creators.co.uk/Database/showdiary.php for an events diary)... that way the vendors come to you! However, I would still recommend a visit to Ratcliffe's and a nice pub lunch to go with it!!

Thanks for all of the nice comments everyone! I think by the weekend, it should be ready for its full portrait (and the green will be gone from the dorsal).

It's Stafford and I'll check against the schedule of Orchid Shows. It boggles the imagination, just the thought of tearing thru the countryside driving on the wrong side of the road!! :crazy:

Its not as bad as all that - you are on the wrong side of the car as well! Which actually help...

Back