Phrag. Perusian Sunrise (Fritz Schomburg x St. Ouen)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e-spice

Reaction score
Second blooming of this plant with a slight improvement from the first blooming. I got the plant from H. P. Norton at Orchidview.

e-spice

DSC_0680.JPG

Interesting to see the strenght of kovachii in this second generation hybrid. Not much influence I can see from St Ouen. Nice anyway.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I see a lot of kovachii influence as well and am surprised because there's only 25% in the background. I thought it would be smaller than it is and with better form. The best thing I could think of is a larger, rounder version of St. Ouen.

In my humble opinion, the best kovachii hybrids so far have been some of the best Fritz Schomburgs (x besseae) like here:

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25313

and here:

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24990

Those are a couple I got from H. P. Norton at Orchidview. Not sure what the exact parents he used for that cross but the only two I have were, in my opinion, exceptional.

e-spice

I do have to agree, the Fritz Schombergs have been the best. I can't wait to see the Fritz x besseae that Orchids Limited is doing.

Anyone else notice the name 'Perusian'? It's not a word. I think H.P. meant, 'Peruvian' when he registered this?

Anyone else notice the name 'Perusian'? It's not a word. I think H.P. meant, 'Peruvian' when he registered this?

I have a little bit of back story on that. As I remember it, Orchidview attempted to register it as "Peruvian", but someone at RHS said it it was misspelled and should be "Perusian" and registered it with that name. Once it was determined to misspelled Orchidview asked the RHS to correct it and they said it was too late because it was already registered!

I have a little bit of back story on that. As I remember it, Orchidview attempted to register it as "Peruvian", but someone at RHS said it it was misspelled and should be "Perusian" and registered it with that name. Once it was determined to misspelled Orchidview asked the RHS to correct it and they said it was too late because it was already registered!

!!!

Ah ha! Odd that they wouldn't change it though...

Very nice flower!

When a cross is accepted and registered (the way they understand our writing), the RHS always send us a confirmation form and clearely ask us to look at the spelling and if it is right or not and/or if we want to change something.

If we don't answer (I never asked what is the delay...) they consider that as an acceptation... And after that, it is much more difficult to change something... And we can register (almost) any kind of creative words if we want...

Latest posts

Back