Phrag Peruflora Cirila Alca (maybe...)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanthier

Reaction score
Handwritten tag (not convinced of id) and furst bloom. 6.5in across.... Large plant, and a climber.

Attachments

• 20210904_145925.jpg
    20210904_145925.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210904_145939.jpg
    20210904_145939.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210904_151320.jpg
    20210904_151320.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 27
I have Cirila Alca 'Peggy' AM/AOS and it looks nothing like the above. However, I
like whatever it is very much. There's a photo of 'Peggy' somewhere on ST.

Last edited:
I have Cirila Alca 'Peggy' AM/AOS and it looks nothing like the above. However, I
like whatever it is very much. There's a photo of 'Peggy' somewhere on ST.

Abax, I agree, love to know what it is, as it is GORGEOUS gigantic bloom!!!!! Still filling out, I think will top out at 7-7.5in!!!!

Handwritten tag (not convinced of id) and furst bloom. 6.5in across.... Large plant, and a climber.
perhaps a Cirila Alca x "-------" ,
anyhow , it seems to have too much longifolium in it to be a Cirila Alca?

Hien, please explain the longifolium characteristics that you see in the photo.
those vertical triangle on both sides of the pouch, I haven't found the term for them (like short cat's ears) , and the sawteeth at the front of the pouch , Phrag Eric Young=longifolium x besseae has the same feature of this flower (but Eric Young has skinnier pouch & more orange color)
Other phrag species also contribute similar features in their hybrids , but the petals of their hybrids are longer and downswept , that is why I suspect longifolium ancestry in this flower

Last edited:
Thanks guys, it's now over 7 inches wide and just gorgeous. WHile I would love to know the name, I sure am enjoy this first blame. Later I will show you all the strange growth habit and get advice on repotting!!!!

Latest posts

Back