Phrag. Penns Creek Cascade

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
(Grande x wallisii)
Another first bloom that greeted me when I returned from vacation.
Phrag_PennsCreekCascade.jpg

Phrag_PennsCreekCascade-clo.jpg

Beautiful !! Did your plants have a caretaker while you were away ??? If so, they did an excellant job for you !
Yes, my co-worker from Porter's Orchids took care of them for me, as well as my cyp bed, vegetable garden and container plants. It was indeed wonderful knowing I didn't have to worry about them under her care. I know that I am lucky.

People should go away more often...helps the plants bloom. I came back on Sunday after more than a week away, to find my Phrag Conchiferum x Giganteum with 3 open blooms and a bud opening...hasn't bloomed in 2-3 years either....Take care, Eric

Eric. If I go away for a few days, will it help to make my LukLuk :confused: bloom?
I need a vacation from physical therapy, and I will try not to fall again....my back has had enough of this nonsense.

Marilyn

Awesome :) I love those long petaled Phrags... and your photos are wonderful, as usual. I really like the spotting in the pouch, and those bushy eyebrows.

That's a cool new border you're using! I think I might like it better if it weren't cropped quite so tight on the first photo... the second one is great :)

- Matt

Awesome :) That's a cool new border you're using! I think I might like it better if it weren't cropped quite so tight on the first photo... the second one is great :)

- Matt
Thanks, Matt. Actually, that was quite deliberate. I've done a lot of orchids with the flowers emerging from the front of the frame (framed Disa thumbnail), but I thought it would be interesting to hide a little of the flower this time. It's all an experiment.

I figured that it was deliberate.... too much work went into it for any accidents like that :) It's a great effect, and it works especially well on the second photo. Maybe I should experiment with some borders on my photos...

- Matt

Back